WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT'S
Evangelist Diana Gray
Copyright (c) 1999,2000 All
II COR. 4:3-7 But
if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god
(Satan) of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God,
should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus
the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
For God, who commanded
the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give
the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in; the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the
power may be of God, and not of us.
LET'S PRAY FOR GODLY WISDOM
I. WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT IS SPIRITUALLY
BLIND TO THEIR SPIRITUAL CONDITION?
A. Blind to
"Worldly" appearances and condition.
1. Satan wants us to look at the outward appearances
Matt. 23:27-28 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye are like unto whited sepulchers, which indeed appear
beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of
which uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous
unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
2. God wants us to look upon the inside of men, at their heart's
condition! (Illustration Matt. 23:25-26 If the outside of a cup and
saucer is clean but the inside is dirty, then too we need to wash
the inside of us so the corruption and greed is cleaned out and not
B. Blind to
"Spiritual" appearances and condition.
1. People are truly blind to each others sins. Isa. 65:6 God
judge and repay people for their sins. He alone knows their
hearts and what kind of condition it is in. We think we know
them, but do we really? Can we truly judge another person
without fully walking in their shoes? The answer is No! God
loves them and that is enough. We are not to judge them but
ourselves only. That is hard enough as it is!
2. People are blind to their own sins.
a. How many times have we seen our brother's sin and bypassed
our own? (Looking at our own sin is uncomfortable.)
1. People say I'm no murderer, but they kill and hurt with
their judging words.
2. People say I never committed adultery, but they had lusted
3. People say they never steal, but they stole someone's
reputation away when they gossiped about them.
4. People minimize "little" sins and maximize "large" sins, but
sin is sin is sin! (How much hurt do little sins cause? A long,
lifetime of pain!)
3. People are blind to the fact that God hates sin. John 3:36
off the choice of choosing Jesus as their Savior is to face the
judgment of God.
a. God can forgive all our sins because he loves us that much!
b. God can forgive all our sins by trusting in Jesus Christ to take
II. WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT IS SPIRITUALLY
BLIND TO THE MERCY OF GOD?
we have blessings. The whole world is a blessing to us. The
sky, wind, trees, plants. The very breath that you take etc.
1. Everyday that we can start our day praising God is a good day.
2. Everyday we go to bed praising God is a good day. (You see
problems may be there but the Lord is with us through them.
Everyday we may have bad things happen but how many good
things happen too. (Shouldn't our focus be on the blessings more?
Shouldn't we be praising the Lord for them?)
those of us in the free world can feel blessed about our
freedoms. (These are mercies of God yet how many people take
them for granted.)
we have blessings of God yet how many people hold God in
contempt? John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my
words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the
same shall judge him in the last day.
1. People must evaluate themselves before God. This is difficult
painful especially if front of the Lord.
2. People must not allow their pride to hold them back from humbling
themselves and submitting to acknowledgment of their sins.
3. People must pray constantly for wisdom and knowledge of their
sins in order to allow healing of those sins in their lives.
(Extra Verse for further understanding -Rom.2:4-6 Or despisest
thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering;
not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
but after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto
thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the
righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man
according to his deeds:)
III. WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT IS SPIRITUALLY
BLIND TO THE CERTAINTY OF JUDGMENT?
A. People have
no promise of living tomorrow Proverbs 27:1 We don't
know what the day tomorrow will bring.
B. People have
death coming to them all sooner or later. Heb. 9:27 And
as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after that the judgment.
C. People have
only a brief time to live. James 4:14 Whereas ye know
not what shall be on the marrow. For what is your life? It is even
vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
1. People think they have all the time in the world to accept Jesus
and live for God.
2. People living in the world are afraid to face the truth. Christians
living for the Lord don't walk in fear because they know that they
have salvation through Jesus
D. People will
have to sooner or later face the final judgment of God!
IV. WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT IS SPIRITUALLY
BLIND TO THE TRUTH OF SALVATION?
A. What blinds people to the truth about Salvation? II Cor. 4:3-5
if our gospl be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god
of this world (Satan) hath blinded the minds of them which believe
not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of christ, who is the image
of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but
Christ Jesus the Lord;and ourselves your servants for Jesus'
1. People are blinded by money
2. People are blinded by power
3. People are blinded by pleasure
a. People who are blinded by their own pursuits and pleasures
are blinded about the truth of Salvation.
b. People who put their desires ahead of the Lord are
B. Satan blinds people to the truth about Salvation.
1. Because they can go to Heaven and he can't.
2. Because the gospel of the Lord is here to save the poor as well
as the rich.
3. Because Satan hates us
C. How do we have our eyes opened up to "Spiritual" truth about
1. Acknowledge and accept that we are sinners
2. Believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins
3. Confess our sins before the Lord and ask for forgiveness
4. Eternity is ours when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord
5. Forever follow Jesus throughout our lives
6. God is a good God to give us His son Jesus to die for our
7. Heaven Is for us when Jesus is King of our Lives!
V. NOW FOR THE LAST TIME I ASK YOU, WHO DO
YOU KHOW WHO IS SPIRITUALLY BLIND TO THE TRUTH OF GOD, OR, THEY...... "FINALLY"
HAVE THEIR EYES OPEN NOW?
You may be physically
challenged but you are "not" without real power. When you have Jesus
Christ as your Lord and Savior, your prayers matter. They are more
powerful than a person with no physical problems who doesn't know Jesus.
The Lord wants you to live in victory not defeat. God gives us positives
not negatives, and we all should learn to live our daily lives with the
Lord's anointed power of faith.
Braille graphics came from a special site for special people. I wish
to thank the kind artist for the use of each of them. I don't
have your names but I would gladly give anyone credit for their creation
if you email me and let me know. May you be blessed for your generous
gifts of kindness.